An 11-month old boy remains in the hospital with second-degree burns over 20-percent of his body following an accident Thursday at an area daycare. The accident happened at the A-Plus Daycare and Learning Center in Calallen.

"He's in a lot of pain," said Winter Chism, mother of 11-month old Maverick. "They gave him some pain medication, and he's all bandaged up. He's wrapped up in gauze."

Chism put her son in the A-Plus Daycare and Learning Center just two weeks ago. After Thursday's accident, photos were taken showing burns to Maverick's left leg, arm and chest. His mother said everything seemed fine until she got a phone call Thursday afternoon.

"I got a phone call from my son's daycare teacher, and she had said that they sat my son down after he took a nap and they put him in a high chair to feed him," Chism said.

That's when the unthinkable happened.

"They told me word for word that they sat him down so that he could eat and they didn't realize that the crock pot was too close," Chism said. "He grabbed the crock pot and it fell on him."

3News contacted the A-Plus Daycare for comment and were referred to their attorney, but they declined to identify an attorney. Police said that officers watched surveillance video showing what happened, and that it did appear to have happened the way it was described to Maverick's mother.

No citations or arrests have been made. Chism plans to pursue legal action against the daycare.