The community of Ben Bolt is coming together to help one of their own. A volunteer firefighter and his crew ended up responding to his own home after getting a call from his wife that there was a fire. His wife and two year old boy were able to escape the flames.

Showing us the damage, Matt Henderson told us, "I believe it started right here where the ceiling fan was."

There is absolutely nothing left to salvage inside the burned frame of a place, Matt Henderson and his family called home. As a volunteer firefighter, Henderson is used to responding to house fires but this time was different.

Henderson said, "my wife. I'm lucky. She got smart and tried using the extinguisher, but it was too much, she went ahead and grabbed the essentials and went to the neighbors house."

What makes matters worse, is that the home was not insured and Matt recently lost his job.

As the family tries to get back on its feet following this devastating fire, they are also seeing the generosity from the community. Donations are pouring in and so is support from Matt's

fellow firefighters.

Ben Bolt Assistant Chief Steven Roberson said, "Matt has been on many many fires with our fire department. He is always willing to donate his time to help others. This is an opportunity for us to give back to Matt and his family for all he's done."

If you would like to help. There is a Gofundme account set up at

Clothing is also needed. His child wears boys size 4t. Matt's wife wears size 1 or 3 pants, small or medium shirts, 7 1/2 shoes. Matt wears 36x32 pants, large shirts, shoes are 11.

All donations can be dropped off at the Safety Performance Group offices at 401 W. Second Street in Alice.