The city of Aransas Pass will be spraying for mosquitoes city-wide. Spraying will begin this morning. Crews with continually spray Wednesday and Thursday.
Officials say the best way for residents to protect against exposure to Mosquitos include:
- Do not allow water to accumulate in the saucers of flowerpots, cemetery urns, or in pet dishes for more than two days.
- Get rid of tin cans, old tires, buckets, unused plastic swimming pools, or other containers that collect and hold water.
- Clean debris from rain gutters, remove standing water from flat roofs, and repair leaks around faucets and air conditioners.
- Change the water in birdbaths and wading pools at least once a week.
- Fill or drain puddles, ditches and swampy areas.
- Check for trapped water in plastic or canvas tarps used to cover boats or pools, and arrange the tarp to drain the water.
- Report abandoned property with high grass and standing water.