Saturday evening fire crews responded to a kitchen fire on Buford and Alameda street.

Crews saw smoke coming from behind the home, they were able to enter the building successfully.

The owner was not in side of the home at the time.

Neighbors saw the smoke and also had to evacuate.

Fire officials were also able to clear the smoke and remove a dog in the process.

Stay connected with 3News for the latest news, sports, and weather. Download the KIII-TV 3News app now.

Have an idea for a story? Send news tips to, and visit us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!