Students and faculty at Metro Elementary School of Design evacuated Friday afternoon when individuals started to smell a burnt odor inside the school.

Firefighters searched the school and investigators said an A/C motor burned up and will have to be replaced.

No damage was caused to the school, and everyone was allowed back into class.

Stay connected with 3News for the latest news, sports, and weather. Download the KIII-TV 3News app now.

Have an idea for a story? Send news tips to, and visit us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!