Six people are without a home Monday after flames ripped through a duplex on Lexington and Martin Luther King Drive.

A 41-year-old woman was taken to Christus Spohn Shoreline Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Five people made it out of the fire okay.

"One unit had heavy damage. The other unit didn't have as bad of damage, but they wouldn't be able to stay. There's no power," said Battalion Chief Tomy Perez of the Corpus Christi Fire Department.

Fire officials said the fire may have started from a candle but are continuing to investigate. Red Cross is assisting the families.

Stay connected with 3News for the latest news, sports, and weather. Download the KIII-TV 3News app now.

Have an idea for a story? Send news tips to, and visit us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!