A family in Premont was hit with tragedy over the weekend after their home was destroyed by fire. Fortunately, dozens of people in the small town have come together to help them out.

It was around 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning when the flames broke out at a Diana Montalvo's home along SW 7th Street. She lived there with her mother. Her 6 year old nephew was also staying at the home at the time of the blaze. The family lost everything in the fire, but the saving grace, they say, is that nobody was injured.

Within hours, the community of Premont stepped up. A man named Bobby Davila and his brother Frank offered the family a free place to live during this tragic time in their lives.

The community has also put up a gofundme.com account for the family. The story is coming up on 3News@10 Monday, but if you would like to help out follow this link: https://www.gofundme.com/dianas-fire-recovery-fund