Annaville Fire Department Responds to House Fire in Robstown

Three people were inside of a Robstown home on Winchester Lane when it caught fire Tuesday morning.

The Annaville Fire Department responded to the call just before 6 a.m. Firefighters said they had difficulty locating the fire and getting to it.

According to the fire chief, there was a fire below the house that had spread through the walls and up into the roof. Firefighters had to cut through three different layers of floor to make sure all the hot spots were out and the fire could not rekindle.

"My uncle's wife, she says she couldn't sleep, so she was just walking around and she says she started smelling something, and she couldn't figure it out," said Ruby White, a relative of people who live in the home. "So she said the laundry room started getting smoked up. She called my uncle, and they got everybody out."

The fire department said they are probably going to rule that the cause of the fire was electrical. The American Red Cross is assisting the family.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment