Banquete Student Chokes on Hot Dog, Taken to Driscoll

A six-year old Banquete Elementary student was sent via HALO Flight to Driscoll Children's Hospital Thursday afternoon after choking on a hot dog.

It was around 12:30 p.m. when the school principal noticed the student choking. He quickly attempted the Heimlich maneuver and performed CPR, even having to shake the student upside down to get the large chunks of hot dog out of his throat.

HALO Flight landed on the school's football field to pick up the student and transport him to Driscoll Children's Hospital because of the lack of oxygen to the student's brain.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories