The Corpus Christi Fire Department is battling a fire along Saratoga between Staples and Cimarron that was reportedly sparked by City crews working in the area.
According to the CCFD, the call came in Tuesday morning as a gas leak. While crews were cutting through rebar to try and locate the leak, the gas was ignited.
The leak has been identified as coming from a ruptured 10-inch gas line, and the City's Gas Department is working to shut down the gas pressure from that line.
Nearby businesses and residents have been evacuated, and both sides of Saratoga between Dairy Queen and Cimarron have been blocked off as crews work to control the blaze, letting the remaining gas burn off.
Power is out in that area, and police are directing traffic. They advise that you avoid the area.
3News has a crew on the scene and will keep you updated as more information becomes available.