Corpus Christi police are searching for a man who stole an XBox One from someone trying to privately sell his used video game console.
It happened Friday night in the 2900 block of Dixie.
The 21-year-old victim told officers a man he contacted on a resale website told him to go to that location to make the transaction. When he got there, police said a man approached his car and said he was going to steal the system.
The victim gave the suspect the gaming system, got back into his vehicle and drove away.
So far there have been no arrests.
Police want to remind anyone looking to sell used items, that there are several public safe locations that they have set up.
Designated Exchange locations are at:
- La Retama Central Library – 805 Comanche St.
- Ben F. McDonald Public Library – 4044 Greenwood Dr.
- Owen R. Hopkins Public Library – 3202 McKinzie Rd.
- Anita & W.T. Neyland Public Library – 1230 Carmel Pkwy.
For any exchange, police advise citizens to remember the following:
- Avoid going alone to make an exchange with a stranger. Always bring someone with you.
- Avoid giving strangers your personal information, including your address.
- Avoid exchanges at night if possible, even in the designated zone.
- Avoid remote or out of the way places for exchanges and be careful of persons who insist on secluded locations or exchanges at their home.
- Let someone know the time and place of your intended exchange and any information regarding the other person.