Earn Cash by Reporting Underage Drinkers During Spring Break

Spring Break starts Friday, and you could make some big bucks if you spot underage drinkers in the area and report them to Crime Stoppers during the month of March.

"If they're gathering for a party anywhere in Corpus Christi, if they know where someone is consuming alcohol and they're underage, call Crime Stoppers," said Senior Officer Kirk Stowers of the Corpus Christi Police Department.

You can make $250 in cash each time you report underage drinkers and your tip leads to enforcement.

Last year, Crime Stoppers got 65 tips that led to rewards being handed out between March and June. This year, the organization wanted to focus on the month of March and those spring breakers.

Police said that last year, most of their busts were at house parties.

If you do spot kids drinking, you're asked to try and get as much information as possible. That includes a complete description of the kids involved, their location and maybe license plate numbers as well.

And of course, the number to call to reach Crime Stoppers is 361-888-TIPS (8477).


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment