Fire Breaks Out at a Self Storage Business on Padre Island

A fire broke out at a self storage business on Padre Island damaging several units.

It tied up fire crews for several hours. Park Road 22 was blocked for quite some time as fire fighters tried to keep the blaze from spreading. It happened at the Island Storage Units. Because of the heavy black smoke, fire crews had to block off part of the road to prevent any accidents from happening.

Fire Fighters believe 6-10 units burned.

One unit might have had some gasoline and fertilizer inside.

Fire fighters had to use a saw to cut across the roof and open the doors to some of the units to extinguish the fire.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment