Investigators Pinpoint Cause of Christmas Eve Mobile Home Fire

Investigators now know what caused a mobile home on the 900 block of Weaver to catch fire on Christmas Eve. It was sparked by either a lit cigarette or someone welding.

At least two propane tanks exploded, causing neighbors to fear the worst. The 72-year old man who lives there was inside asleep when the blaze broke out. Thankfully, he made it out okay.

Fire crews said the blaze started in the backyard shed, which was being used to store welding and construction equipment.

"We couldn't cook because we don't have any gas or electric, so that was out," said Ronda Holloway, who lived there. "It's pretty nasty back there, but we're all thankful. It could've been a lot worse."

The family said they are not sure how much the damage will cost them, but none of the equipment was insured.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment