Local Man Escapes Through Window In Duplex Fire

CORPUS CHRISTI (Kiii News) - Fire crews were called out to battle a blaze in the 2100 block of Frederick Saturday morning. Fire officials believe the fire started in an electrical outlet in one of the units.

A man living inside the apartment was able to escape through the back window. The man suffered small cuts and smoke inhalation.

Elisa Perez, a neighbor, says "Well I was actually asleep and the neighbor from across the way came and was banging on my door really loud and I woke up and I could smell the smoke. I opened my door to see where the smoke was coming from. I thought it was my air condition but it wasn't so I turned my air condition off and came outside cause it was just smoking everywhere. I couldn't take it."

Fire crews prevented the fire from spreading to the other units.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment