CORPUS CHRISTI (KIII NEWS) - There are major traffic closures taking place on the Harbor Bridge as crews start the beginning phase of construction on the new bridge.
Construction will close both North and South bound lanes on highway 181. Other closures include:
- Interstate 37 Southbound frontage road between Buddy Lawrence drive and North Port ave.
- Northbound frontage road shoulder of highway 286 at Laredo street and Leopard street.
- Right lane of Highway 286, North and Southbound between Laredo street and Leopard street.
- Right lane of Highway 181 North and Southbound between Beach ave and Burleson street.
- Right lane of Highway 181 North and Southbound between Fitzgerald ave and Belden street.
- Right shoulder on the Southbound Highway 181 overpass over Beach ave.
- Left Eastbound lane of Harbor Drive between North Sam Rankin street and Hirsch street.
Lane closures will be in effect from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. through September 30th.