16-year-old hospitalized after ricin scare

16-year-old boy at hospital being treated after investigators say he swallowed the deadly toxin known as ricin.

CORPUS CHRISTI (KIII NEWS) - Corpus Christi Police and Fire Departments responded to a ricin scare that happened just before 8:30 p.m. at the Palm Bay Village Condominiums.

Captain James Brown of the Corpus Christi Fire Department has confirmed that a 16-year-old male allegedly ingested a liquid concentrated form of ricin.

Brown said the man was transported to Bay Area Hospital while HazMat crews quarantined the unit the man lived inside.

HazMat crews are also at the hospital to make sure the incident does not spread and to treat the medics who transported the man.

It is confirmed that four people are being treated which are the original victim and three family members.

The condition is still unknown for the male but stay with 3News as we will keep you updated.

Stay connected with 3News for the latest news, sports and weather. Download the KIII-TV 3News app now.

Have an idea for a story? Send news tips to news@kiiitv.com, and visit us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram!

© 2017 KIII-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS