CORPUS CHRISTI (KIII NEWS) - A 72-year-old-man that was rushed to the hospital this morning after a fire broke out on Devon Drive has died from his injuries.
Investigators say the fire broke out shortly after midnight.
The victim was trapped inside the home with his dog.
Neighbors spotted the smoke and tried to assist in putting out the fire before the fire department arrived.
A neighbor said she was still shaken up by what she witnessed.
Firefighters rescued the man from his home and said his body was forty percent burned. He was rushed to the hospital where later died from his injuries.
His dog is safe staying with neighbors.
© 2018 KIII-TV