47-senior citizens in Hebbronville are in temporary housing this morning, after a fire forced them from their nursing home.
The blaze broke out yesterday around noon at Meridian Care. HALO Flight took three residents to Christus Spohn Memorial Hospital.
Investigators say a faulty television started the fire filling the building with smoke. Alarms quickly sounded leading to the evacuation.
"Emergency responders came in; Constables, Justice of the Peace's, everybody was here to help us," Gilda Montalvo, RN at Meridian Care Nursing Home, said. "The neighborhood, neighbors came and the Border Patrol were here instantly to help us."
The residents are staying in Alice while the nursing home is being cleaned.
Everyone is expected to make a full recovery.