Spohn Shoreline's Fourth Floor Evacuated After Fire Scare

The fourth floor of Spohn Shoreline Hospital was evacuated as smoke erupted from a mechanical room at around 2:30 p.m. Thursday.

Firefighters responded to the scene, where investigators said that construction workers were doing work on the floor installation and some of the glue started to smolder. Because of the winds, the smoke was pushed inside the hospital.

"Some of the smoke was pushed down into the mechanical room was involved," said Battalion Chief Jim DeVisser of the Corpus Christi Fire Department. "No problems and no hazard."

Thankfully no one was injured. Patients were taken back inside the hospital after fire crews gave them the all clear.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS