Wedding Planner Justin Olle Reindicted on Additional Charges

Justin Olle, the 25-year old wedding planner accused of ripping off brides-to-be and several local businesses, was reindicted Wednesday on additional charges.

"Those charges would be forgery and misapplication of fiduciary property," Nueces County District Attorney Mark Skurka said.

Olle had already been indicted on 50 counts of theft last October. Now that charge will be enhanced by the two additional charges, which makes the case much stronger for prosecutors.

The district attorney said the additional charges will give jurors more options to choose from should they find there is enough evidence to convict Olle.

"We want to make sure that if we have additional information that we take it to the grand jury, so that we can add to the indictment if we discover new charges during the course of the investigation," Skurka said. "The second theory is to give the jury options of different legal theories to convict on."

If convicted on all charges, Olle could be sentenced to up to 20 years in prison. His trial is set for March 3.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment