(KCEN) -- The accused Fort Hood Shooter MAJ Nidal Hasan was back in court, after his pre-trial hearing was rescheduled from last week.
For the previous court appearance, Hasan refused to shave his beard while in uniform, which is against military code, and the judge deemed it unacceptable and canceled proceedings for the day.
Today, on June 19, Hasan showed up still with a beard and still refusing to shave.
He says it's because of his Islamic faith and that it's particularly important to him now, because he had a premonition that he will die early.
He was moved to a trailer to watch the court proceedings via video, upsetting his lawyers who say he has a right to be in the courtroom and that it makes it difficult to talk to him during the hearings.
Judge Gregory Gross told them they could take recesses as needed to make it easier.
Upon the defense's request, he reconsidered and upheld his decision to kick Hasan out of court because of his disorderly appearance.
The defense is asking for a different judge, claiming that Judge Gross is showing actual bias against Hasan.
Prosecutors argued that Hasan is using the beard as a disguise so witnesses will not recognize him.
Judge Gross said, "His conduct is disrespectful. He's disrespecting the order from the court. He's disrespecting the order from his commander to be clean shaven."
The next pre-trial hearing is scheduled for next Friday.
Judge Gross is expected to rule on the defense's request to delay the August court martial until December, among others.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and KIII. All Rights Reserved.