Family Homeless After Six Points Area House Fire - South Texas, Corpus Christi, Coastal Bend

Family Homeless After Six Points Area House Fire

Posted: Updated:

A family was left homeless Sunday after a morning fire destroyed their home on the 700 block of Southern, in the Six Points area.

There were three people inside the home when the fire broke out, but they made it out okay. Firefighters said it was all because of the smoke detectors inside the home.

"You don't want to think about it," said Fire Chief Kenneth Erben of the Corpus Christi Fire Department. "Smoke detectors are what get you up and out, so yeah, there could have been some serious consequences if they were not aware of the fire."

Fire investigators said a couple of kids playing with a cigarette lighter probably sparked the blaze.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KIII. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.