A man is recovering from injuries he received in a house fire Thursday morning in Beaumont.
Just after 5 a.m. firefighters were called to a house in the 2400 block of Evalon Avenue. This is near the corner with 9th Street.
When firefighters arrived they say flames were coming up through the roof.
There was one man inside the house at the time of the fire. He was able to get out by breaking his bedroom window. Firefighters found him unconscious in the back yard.
The man was taken to the hospital. Firefighters say his injuries did not appear life threatening.
Neighbors say they heard an explosion just before the fire. They called the fire department.
Investigators say the fire appears to be an accidental and started somewhere in the attic. Initially they say it appears to have been electrical in nature.
Do you know of something that would be a good news story? Enter your email address and select "Submit" to send it to 12 News HD. You can also call the news tip line at 409-838-1212
Thank you for submitting your news idea to 12News HD!