Shoppers Evacuated During Mall Fire Scare - South Texas, Corpus Christi, Coastal Bend

Shoppers Evacuated During Mall Fire Scare

Posted: Updated:

Shoppers were evacuated from La Palmera Mall Saturday afternoon.

Employees at Payless Shoe Store called 911 and reported that the store smelled like smoke...or burnt rubber. Shoppers were evacuated while fire crews climbed on top of the building to check it out. Turns out the A.C. unit had malfunctioned and shoppers were allowed back inside once fire crews determined it was safe.


Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KIII. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.