Bishop Family Loses Home in Early Morning Fire - KiiiTV.com South Texas, Corpus Christi, Coastal Bend

Bishop Family Loses Home in Early Morning Fire

Posted: Updated:
BISHOP (Kiii News) -

A Bishop family is picking up the pieces after a devastating fire that erupted shortly after 8 a.m. Thursday at the intersection of County Road 77 and Amber Street.

The homeowner said that she and her husband heard a buzzing sound coming from the laundry room. When they investigated, they found a large amount of smoke coming from that area, and called the fire department.

Crews from Bishop, Kleberg and the Navy base all responded, but the home was a total loss.

"I have my family. My kids. That's the most important thing to us right now," homeowner Vangie Perez said. "This is the past. We're going to move forward. We have a lot of friends and family, a community that has backed us up and that have been here for us. We're going to do what we need to do to move forward."

Fortunately, no one was injured in the fire. The couple's children were at school at the time of the blaze.