Smoke Damage in the Boy's Room at Rockport-Fulton Junior High - KiiiTV.com South Texas, Corpus Christi, Coastal Bend

Smoke Damage in the Boy's Room at Rockport-Fulton Junior High

Posted: Updated:
ROCKPORT (Kiii News) -

Students were evacuated at the old Rockport-Fulton Junior High School after a fire got started in the boy's restroom Friday morning.

Fire crews found that a towel rack had burned off of the wall and fell into a trash can, causing that wing of the school to fill with smoke.

There were no injuries in the fire, and the school was ventilated with fans.

Photos were provided by Gary Smith of Rockport Fire and Rescue.