CORPUS CHRISTI (Kiii News) - Fire crews were called out to battle a blaze in the 2100 block of Frederick Saturday morning. Fire officials believe the fire started in an electrical outlet in one of the units.
A man living inside the apartment was able to escape through the back window. The man suffered small cuts and smoke inhalation.
Elisa Perez, a neighbor, says "Well I was actually asleep and the neighbor from across the way came and was banging on my door really loud and I woke up and I could smell the smoke. I opened my door to see where the smoke was coming from. I thought it was my air condition but it wasn't so I turned my air condition off and came outside cause it was just smoking everywhere. I couldn't take it."
Fire crews prevented the fire from spreading to the other units.