Firefighters Respond to Fire Sparked by Heater on Omaha, Leopard - KiiiTV.com South Texas, Corpus Christi, Coastal Bend

Firefighters Respond to Fire Sparked by Heater on Omaha, Leopard

Posted: Updated:
CORPUS CHRISTI (Kiii News) -

Firefighters were called out to Omaha and Leopard just after 8 a.m. Wednesday to battle a fire believed to have resulted from a heater inside of a restroom.

Investigators said flames then reached outside of the home and burned an electric pole, knocking out power to nearby residents.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire in a small bedroom before putting it out.