Two Pets Die from Smoke Inhalation During House Fire - KiiiTV.com South Texas, Corpus Christi, Coastal Bend

Two Pets Die from Smoke Inhalation During House Fire

Posted: Updated:
CORPUS CHRISTI (Kiii News) -

A house fire on the southside of town Wednesday night left one home damaged and two pets dead. The fire broke out just before 7 p.m. in the 2500 block of Fleece.

The blaze began in a back bedroom. Most of the smoke and fire damage was contained to that room. Two dogs in the house at the time were killed from smoke inhalation.

The homeowner was out for dinner at the time of the fire.

Fire investigators are still looking into what may have sparked the blaze. They said it could have been an electrical problem.