Crews Respond to Grass Fire Sparked by Downed Power Line
PORTLAND (Kiii News) -
A downed power line is believed to be responsible for sparking up a grass fire in Portland Monday afternoon.
The blaze erupted shortly before 2 p.m., just off of Buddy Ganem Drive near the high school in Portland. A homeowner near the site of the fire said a downed power line began sparking, leading to the fire.
American Electric Power crews were at the scene working to repair that line. There has been no word yet on how much land was scorched, but no structures were destroyed.