Fire displaces family, injures Beaumont firefighter
A family of four is displaced following a house fire in Beaumont Friday morning.
The fire happened just after 10 a.m. at a house located at 3935 Eloise Street in west Beaumont. When firefighters arrived, they found smoke coming all the roof vents. No one was home.
Once firefighters were able to make entry they found the attic of the home on fire. The fire was confined to the attic and caused major damage to the roof structure. There was also water damage to some rooms of the house.
A news release from Beaumont Fire-Rescue says the fire appears to have been caused by an electrical short in the attic.
One firefighter suffered a knee injury while fighting the fire and was taken to Baptist Hospital for treatment.
Firefighters were on the scene until almost noon.
Submit a news tip
Do you know of something that would be a good news story? Enter your email address and select "Submit" to send it to 12 News HD. You can also call the news tip line at 409-838-1212
Nelson Mandela, the revered statesman who emerged from prison after 27 years to lead South Africa out of decades of apartheid, has died, South African President Jacob Zuma announced late Thursday.More >>
Nelson Mandela, the revered statesman who emerged from prison after 27 years to lead South Africa out of decades of apartheid, has died, South African President Jacob Zuma announced late Thursday. More >>