Residents were jolted out of their beds by an early morning explosion. The explosion could be felt for miles and even caused the evacuation of nearby residents.
Tonight, investigators are trying to figure out what happened. According to fire officials a delivery truck caring about 1000 gallons of propane exploded. That truck was next to stationary tanks which through a safety valve released gas causing flames as high as 40 to 50 feet.
Fire officials say the owner who lived only 25 feet away was uninjured in the blast and fire. Amazingly, there were no injuries from the explosion.
Volunteers from Taft, Mathis, and Odem assisted the Sinton Volunteer Fire Department.