Firefighters responded to a two-alarm fire at the Sea Shell Inn Motel on North Beach that broke out just around noon Friday.
The fire erupted on the third floor of the building, located at 200 Kleberg Place, prompting motel guests to evacuate. Crews on the ground coordinated to bring fire hoses to the third floor as firefighters ascended to the roof of the building to make sure the flames did not spread.
"We had units on scene within three minutes," said Captain Robert Planco of the Corpus Christi Fire Department. "They made a good stop. The building was occupied, no one was hurt. We did go to second alarm on this one mainly for manpower, and because of the heat out here."
Smoke from the fire damaged three motel rooms. The cause was an overheated outlet in a storage closet.
No one was hurt, and for the folks whose motel rooms were not affected by the blaze, they were allowed to return to their rooms a few hours later.