Corpus Christi firefighters are crediting some alert homeowners for helping to minimize the damage to one area home that caught fire Wednesday afternoon.
"We're just really, really glad somebody was able to see it before it really did get burning much larger," said Battalion Chief Mike Schmidt of the Corpus Christi Fire Department.
The fire broke out around 1 p.m. on Ramona Drive, near Greenwood. When crews arrived, they found smoke billowing from the attic of the home. Fire officials said wiring in an air conditioning unit shorted out, sparking the blaze.
Fortunately, no one was injured, and the damage is considered minor.