Police Report Details Confrontation Leading to Rapper's Death - KiiiTV.com South Texas, Corpus Christi, Coastal Bend

Police Report Details Confrontation Leading to Rapper's Death

Posted: Updated:
CORPUS CHRISTI (Kiii News) -

New details regarding the San Antonio man suspected of murdering a member of his rap group over the weekend were released in a police report Wednesday.

According to the document, Christopher Garza, a member of the Hooligan Boyz, was seen in surveillance video striking the victim 28 times in the head with his closed fist.

Garza appeared before 214th District Judge Jose Longoria Wednesday afternoon, where he was granted permission to stay with his family in Bexar County while awaiting trial.

"If I allow you to return to San Antonio, you will not be allowed to leave Bexar County," Longoria said.

Garza is accused of killing Miguel Silva, a member of his rap group called the Hooligan Boyz, at a hotel on SPID after they had performed at a local nightclub.

It is still not officially known how Silva died, but the police report states that surveillance video showed an altercation between Garza and Silva outside of their hotel room, during which Garza was on top of the victim trying to restrain him. The report states that Garza appeared to be smothering Silva's face with his stomach.

Witnesses told police that Silva had been drinking heavily that night before returning to the hotel. Garza told police that he was alone with Silva, and that Silva had punched him and would not calm down.

Even though Garza's bond restrictions have been lessened, he must still wear a GPS monitoring device and must drive to Corpus Christi once a week to meet with probation officers.

"My client really doesn't have any family or friends, or any way to relocate here, and he has a cell phone business in San Antonio as well," said Chris Gail, Garza's attorney. "So the judge was right in not forcing him to relocate his entire life here."

Garza was released late Wednesday afternoon after posting a $200,000 bond.

  • Benefit Held for 6 Year old Boy who was Allegedly Killed by Mother's Boyfriend

    Benefit Held for 6 Year old Boy who was Allegedly Killed by Mother's Boyfriend

    There was an overwhelming show of support for the family of 6 year old Xadrian Martinez on Saturday. Just days after Xadrian tragically died, his family, friends and even complete strangers have come together to help raise money for funeral costs. Suzie Anguiano who stopped by to buy a barbeque plate said, "it's unfair that it happened to him. We want to help and support in any way that we can because we have kids of our own and if it was our kids we want the same turn out." A BBQ benefit w...More >>
    There was an overwhelming show of support for the family of 6 year old Xadrian Martinez on Saturday. Just days after Xadrian tragically died, his family, friends and even complete strangers have come together to help raise money for funeral costs. Suzie Anguiano who stopped by to buy a barbeque plate said, "it's unfair that it happened to him. We want to help and support in any way that we can because we have kids of our own and if it was our kids we want the same turn out." A BBQ benefit w...More >>
  • BBQ Benefit for 6-Year-Old Boy Killed

    BBQ Benefit for 6-Year-Old Boy Killed

    Saturday, August 30 2014 6:00 PM EDT2014-08-30 22:00:16 GMT
    A local car club called 361 along with friends and family are holding a benefit for the 6-year-old boy that was killed earlier this week.According to police the boy's stepfather 27-year-old Albert Villarreal struck young Xadrian Martinez after he soiled his clothing reportedly, Villarreal then grabbed the boy by the neck until he was unconscious and then slammed him into a refrigerator to try to revive him. EMS crews had been called out after the boy reportedly began having seizures. They rus...More >>
    A local car club called 361 along with friends and family are holding a benefit for the 6-year-old boy that was killed earlier this week.According to police the boy's stepfather 27-year-old Albert Villarreal struck young Xadrian Martinez after he soiled his clothing reportedly, Villarreal then grabbed the boy by the neck until he was unconscious and then slammed him into a refrigerator to try to revive him. EMS crews had been called out after the boy reportedly began having seizures. They rus...More >>
  • Former Presidents Clinton and Bush to launch new initiative

    Former Presidents Clinton and Bush to launch new initiative

    Saturday, August 30 2014 5:00 PM EDT2014-08-30 21:00:09 GMT
    (CNN) -- Former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush are going to join forces for a new initiative aimed at helping to give leaders better skills to solve problems.The presidents will appear together at an event in Washington on Sept. 8th to launch the Presidential Scholars Program.Organizers are billing this as a first of its kind partnership because not only will this involve the foundations run by Clinton and Bush but also will include the George Herbert Walker Bush and Lyndon Baines...More >>
    (CNN) -- Former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush are going to join forces for a new initiative aimed at helping to give leaders better skills to solve problems.The presidents will appear together at an event in Washington on Sept. 8th to launch the Presidential Scholars Program.Organizers are billing this as a first of its kind partnership because not only will this involve the foundations run by Clinton and Bush but also will include the George Herbert Walker Bush and Lyndon Baines...More >>