State Removes Brooks County Constable Pablo Soliz from Office - KiiiTV.com South Texas, Corpus Christi, Coastal Bend

State Removes Brooks County Constable Pablo Soliz from Office

Posted: Updated:
FALFURRIAS (Kiii News) - A Brooks County Constable was removed from office Friday for failing to show the county commissioners court that he had obtained a permanent peace officers license within 270 days of taking office.

A hearing got underway at the Brooks County Courthouse in Falfurrias Friday as the Attorney General's Office proceeded with their efforts to remove Precinct 3 Constable Pablo Soliz from office. The State said that Soliz failed to provide evidence to the County Commissioners Court that he had obtained a permanent peace officers license within 270 days of taking office. They also say Soliz had been convicted of murder in 1990, and as a convicted felon he is ineligible to hold office.

Soliz was removed from office on the grounds that he had failed to show that he had a permanent peace officers license to the commissioners court. The grounds that he was not eligible to take office due to his prior murder conviction was not immediately accepted and is still pending.

Kiii News Reporter Mike DaSilva attended that hearing and went Live from the Brooks County Courthouse with the details.
  • Police Investigating Latest Shooting

    Police Investigating Latest Shooting

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 12:10 AM EDT2014-09-16 04:10:28 GMT
    A 19-year-old man is recovering after being shot in the abdomen at Los Encinos Park Monday evening. Police say the victim and a 17-year-old suspect got into a fight when a shot was fired.More >>
    A 19-year-old man is recovering after being shot in the abdomen at Los Encinos Park Monday evening. Police say the victim and a 17-year-old suspect got into a fight when a shot was fired.More >>
  • Boater Rescued Speaks Out

    Boater Rescued Speaks Out

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 12:06 AM EDT2014-09-16 04:06:00 GMT
    It's an amazing story of survival as one man survives in opening waters for more than 24 hours after the fishing boat he was in sank. Joey Trevino spoke to our Mike DaSilva about how he survived.More >>
    It's an amazing story of survival as one man survives in opening waters for more than 24 hours after the fishing boat he was in sank. Joey Trevino spoke to our Mike DaSilva about how he survived.More >>
  • Homicide Survivors Group Offers Support to Residents Affected by Triple Homicide

    Homicide Survivors Group Offers Support to Residents Affected by Triple Homicide

    Sunday night's triple homicide is not only affecting the family members of the victims who died, but also the residents who heard the gunfire and watched the shooting play out in front of them. Members of a homicide survivors support group spent much of the day at the Marina Village RV Park in Flour Bluff where the crime took place. The group was there trying to console those neighbors who remain in shock. Luci McGuire told 3 News reporter Bill Churchwell, "right now they are all scared. Thi...More >>
    Sunday night's triple homicide is not only affecting the family members of the victims who died, but also the residents who heard the gunfire and watched the shooting play out in front of them. Members of a homicide survivors support group spent much of the day at the Marina Village RV Park in Flour Bluff where the crime took place. The group was there trying to console those neighbors who remain in shock. Luci McGuire told 3 News reporter Bill Churchwell, "right now they are all scared. Thi...More >>