KIII-TV and the TEGNA Foundation accept grant proposals from qualified nonprofit organizations. We value projects that take acreative approach to improving people's lives.
Register for your chance to be considered for a $1,000 grant.
TEGNA FOUNDATION APPLICATION FORM here:http://bit.ly/1mpwyms
- Proposals are accepted throughout the year
- Deadlines are Aug. 15
- Applicants should plan on a 90 day waiting period while the committee finalizes its decisions
- Grants are awarded to an organization every other year
Mail completed application and materials to:
Hector Zertuche, Assistant Promotions Manager
5002 South Padre Island Dr.
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
GENERAL GUIDELINES here: http://bit.ly/1k4wyXp
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
Your proposal must contain the following information:
- Application must be made on TEGNA Foundation form
- A needs statement
- IRS letter of determination of 501(c)(3) tax exemption (mandatory for consideration)
If you have not been determined a tax-exempt organization under IRS Section 501(c)(3), please apply once you have received determination
- Objectives of the project to be funded
- Your organization's qualifications to carry out the project
- Information on whether the project is new or ongoing
- Description of constituency to be served
- Information on community and volunteer involvement
- How will the project be evaluated
- Plans for continued funding of the project, if applicable
- One-page project budget, and an organizational budget
- List of other funding sources, committed and applied for
- Pertinent publications may be included.
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND:
Like many donors, we receive many more requests than we can fund. As a result, contributions will not be considered for the following purposes:
- Organizations not determined by the IRS to be tax-exempt under 501(c)(3)
- National or regional organizations unless their programs address specific local community needs
- Programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion of religious doctrine or tenets
- Elementary or secondary schools (except to provide special initiatives or programs not provided by regular school budgets)
- Political action or legislative advocacy groups or voter registration drives
- Endowment funds
- Multiple-year pledge campaigns
- Medical or other research organizations; organizations located in or benefiting nations other than the U.S.
- Fraternal groups, athletic teams, bands, veterans' organizations, volunteer firefighters or similar groups
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS here: http://bit.ly/1O8Lpb3.
21 mins ago 11:09 p.m.
Man sentenced in death of band director
23 mins ago 11:07 p.m.
Students take part in Sister City Program
24 mins ago 11:06 p.m.
Infant CPR kits show new parents life saving skills
Sister City program kicks off
New parents learn infant CPR
Band Director's family talks to man who plead guilty to accident
4 hour ago 7:16 p.m.
City of Corpus Christi appoints two new Assistant City Managers
4 hour ago 7:15 p.m.
Kings Crossing looking to rebuild club house, golf course
4 hour ago 7:13 p.m.
Winter Texans make Coastal Bend home away from home
4 hour ago 7:11 p.m.
City crews prep D.N. Leathers Housing Complex for demolition
Crews are preparing the D.N. Leathers housing complex for demolition
The Coastal Bend's Winter Texans
Kings Crossing could soon get a makeover
Two named to Assistant City Manager position
6 hour ago 5:47 p.m.
Someone to Know: Finding homes for pets
6 hour ago 5:45 p.m.
VIP preview tickets to new outlets benefit local charities
6 hour ago 5:43 p.m.
Controlled burn at PINS brings smoke to the area
6 hour ago 5:41 p.m.
Council to discuss de-annexing Chapman Ranch
6 hour ago 5:39 p.m.
Man gets 14-year sentence for band director's death
6 hour ago 5:38 p.m.
TAMUK remembering students who died in weekend accident