KIII-TV and the TEGNA Foundation accept grant proposals from qualified nonprofit organizations. We value projects that take acreative approach to improving people's lives.
Register for your chance to be considered for a $1,000 grant.
TEGNA FOUNDATION APPLICATION FORM here:http://bit.ly/1mpwyms
- Proposals are accepted throughout the year
- Deadlines are Aug. 15
- Applicants should plan on a 90 day waiting period while the committee finalizes its decisions
- Grants are awarded to an organization every other year
Mail completed application and materials to:
Hector Zertuche, Assistant Promotions Manager
5002 South Padre Island Dr.
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
GENERAL GUIDELINES here: http://bit.ly/1k4wyXp
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
Your proposal must contain the following information:
- Application must be made on TEGNA Foundation form
- A needs statement
- IRS letter of determination of 501(c)(3) tax exemption (mandatory for consideration)
If you have not been determined a tax-exempt organization under IRS Section 501(c)(3), please apply once you have received determination
- Objectives of the project to be funded
- Your organization's qualifications to carry out the project
- Information on whether the project is new or ongoing
- Description of constituency to be served
- Information on community and volunteer involvement
- How will the project be evaluated
- Plans for continued funding of the project, if applicable
- One-page project budget, and an organizational budget
- List of other funding sources, committed and applied for
- Pertinent publications may be included.
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND:
Like many donors, we receive many more requests than we can fund. As a result, contributions will not be considered for the following purposes:
- Organizations not determined by the IRS to be tax-exempt under 501(c)(3)
- National or regional organizations unless their programs address specific local community needs
- Programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion of religious doctrine or tenets
- Elementary or secondary schools (except to provide special initiatives or programs not provided by regular school budgets)
- Political action or legislative advocacy groups or voter registration drives
- Endowment funds
- Multiple-year pledge campaigns
- Medical or other research organizations; organizations located in or benefiting nations other than the U.S.
- Fraternal groups, athletic teams, bands, veterans' organizations, volunteer firefighters or similar groups
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS here: http://bit.ly/1O8Lpb3.
4 hour ago 10:36 p.m.
VIDEO: Kids fight over baby Jesus in East Tennessee Nativity pageant
Nativity fight turns into social media sensation
Kids fight over baby Jesus in Tennessee Nativity pageant
4 hour ago 10:34 p.m.
St. James kindergartners donate blankets to Driscoll Children's Hospital
Kindergartners donate blankets to Hospi
4 hour ago 10:20 p.m.
Historic courthouse undergoes renovation
4 hour ago 10:07 p.m.
Downtown Corpus Christi welcomes new businesses
Courthouse undergoes renovation
Corpus Christi welcomes businesses
6 hour ago 8:32 p.m.
Louisiana teen's reaction to be accepted to Harvard goes viral
6 hour ago 8:27 p.m.
Republican Party reacts to Farenthold's announcement
6 hour ago 8:22 p.m.
Farenthold's constituents react to news of his retirement
8 hour ago 6:54 p.m.
Refugio Bobcats in 2A State Semifinals against San Augustine
8 hour ago 6:51 p.m.
Speaker announced for Dr. Hector P. Garcia birthday luncheon
8 hour ago 6:50 p.m.
CCFD demonstration shows how fast a Christmas tree burns
8 hour ago 6:50 p.m.
Mother of two arrested in Kleberg County drug raid
Speaker announced for birthday luncheon
Christmas tree fire safety demonstration
Mother of two arrested in drug raid
8 hour ago 6:27 p.m.
Farenthold announces retirement amid sexual harassment controversy