KIII-TV and the TEGNA Foundation accept grant proposals from qualified nonprofit organizations. We value projects that take acreative approach to improving people's lives.
Register for your chance to be considered for a $1,000 grant.
TEGNA FOUNDATION APPLICATION FORM here:http://bit.ly/1mpwyms
- Proposals are accepted throughout the year
- Deadlines are Aug. 15
- Applicants should plan on a 90 day waiting period while the committee finalizes its decisions
- Grants are awarded to an organization every other year
Mail completed application and materials to:
Hector Zertuche, Assistant Promotions Manager
5002 South Padre Island Dr.
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
GENERAL GUIDELINES here: http://bit.ly/1k4wyXp
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
Your proposal must contain the following information:
- Application must be made on TEGNA Foundation form
- A needs statement
- IRS letter of determination of 501(c)(3) tax exemption (mandatory for consideration)
If you have not been determined a tax-exempt organization under IRS Section 501(c)(3), please apply once you have received determination
- Objectives of the project to be funded
- Your organization's qualifications to carry out the project
- Information on whether the project is new or ongoing
- Description of constituency to be served
- Information on community and volunteer involvement
- How will the project be evaluated
- Plans for continued funding of the project, if applicable
- One-page project budget, and an organizational budget
- List of other funding sources, committed and applied for
- Pertinent publications may be included.
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND:
Like many donors, we receive many more requests than we can fund. As a result, contributions will not be considered for the following purposes:
- Organizations not determined by the IRS to be tax-exempt under 501(c)(3)
- National or regional organizations unless their programs address specific local community needs
- Programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion of religious doctrine or tenets
- Elementary or secondary schools (except to provide special initiatives or programs not provided by regular school budgets)
- Political action or legislative advocacy groups or voter registration drives
- Endowment funds
- Multiple-year pledge campaigns
- Medical or other research organizations; organizations located in or benefiting nations other than the U.S.
- Fraternal groups, athletic teams, bands, veterans' organizations, volunteer firefighters or similar groups
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS here: http://bit.ly/1O8Lpb3.
Padre Island National Seashore closed
2 hour ago 8:14 p.m.
City crews out clearing storm drains, ditches of debris
2 hour ago 8:07 p.m.
A look at flood-prone areas in the Coastal Bend
Aransas pass handing out sandbags
Flood prone areas
2 hour ago 7:45 p.m.
More sand to be delivered on Thursday
Port A preps
4 hour ago 5:52 p.m.
City installs walls to protect from potential storm surge
4 hour ago 5:50 p.m.
City of Corpus Christi gives latest update on Harvey
City gives latest update on Harvey
City installs storm surge walls
7 hour ago 2:55 p.m.
TAMUCC evacuating campus as Harvey approaches
9 hour ago 1:01 p.m.
Benefit to cover funeral costs of one-year-old crash victim
2 hour ago 8:04 p.m.
City of Aransas Pass handing out sandbags
11 hour ago 11:11 a.m.
Gov. Abbott orders increased readiness ahead of Harvey
3 hour ago 6:58 p.m.
Harvey eyeing Texas Gulf Coast
15 hour ago 7:28 a.m.
Health District offers immunization clinic just in time for back to school
15 hour ago 7:25 a.m.
Adopt Dargle on Paws for Pets
Health District to offer immunization shots for back to school