CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Make haste to La Retama Central Library for a Bridgerton Ball this weekend!
The library will transform into a ballroom with live music, ballroom dance lessons, crafting classes, marketplace shopping and some tea and sconces.
There will be a costume contest, so wear your best period piece attire!
Someone will be named the "season's diamond" by the Queen and her court.
The event is Saturday, August 27 and runs from 7 p.m. until 10 p.m.
Season one of Bridgerton was Netflix’s second most-watched series ever. The book series by Julia Quinn follows the Bridgerton family during “dating season” in Regency England, but each book (and season) focuses on a new family member in search of love.
The first season of the Shonda Rhimes-produced series centered on Daphne Bridgerton's (Phoebe Dynevor) preparation for her first social season and attempt at finding a suitor. Lady Whistledown (Dame Julie Andrews) serves as narrator and pseudonym for an author of a scandalous newsletter. The second season followed the love story of Anthony Bridgerton.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Christus Spohn reports first case of monkeypox in our region
- New school zone on Saratoga near Carroll High School to be activated Monday
- What's the difference between a landspout and supercell tornado?
- Emergency crews rescue worker from water tower on Carmel Pkwy.
- Why are there so many dragonflies all of a sudden?
- 'Bad decision': Corpus Christi attorney arrested for human smuggling says he gave ride to hitchhikers
- CCISD works to control increase of fire ants being seen, felt on school grounds because of recent rain
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.