CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — For 80 years, Corpus Christi residents have gotten up before dawn on Easter Sunday to go to the Corpus Christi Bayfront to watch the Easter Sunrise Passion Play. It's a "stunning depiction" of the life of Jesus Christ.
Editor's Note: The above video is from last year's performance.
This weekend, rehearsals for the 81st annual play will begin and organizers need volunteers!
Organizers are looking for people of all ages that are interesting in being involved in the play this year.
The first rehearsal is Sunday, March 26 from 2:30 to 5 p.m. at the Cole Park Amphitheater. There will be two other rehearsals:
- Sunday- April 2 (2:30 p.m.)
- Saturday- April 8- Full Day rehearsal (10 a.m.-5 p.m.)
Those interested can call Debra at 361-442-6194.
Lunch and drinks will be provided for those who participate.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Corpus Christi man indicted for selling fentanyl-laced pills that killed someone, federal officials say
- Critically missing 5-year-old found in Corpus Christi crawl space after being taken by parents
- Ohio train derailment has Corpus Christi leaders evaluating its disaster plan
- Water-line valve replacement causes water boil notice in section of Ingleside
- Woman hospitalized after being shot in Robstown, investigation ongoing
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Email email@example.com so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.