CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Rotary Club of Southside Corpus Christi will be holding their annual Administrative Professional's Day Fundraiser Luncheon on Wednesday.
Proceeds from the event will go toward wheelchair ramp construction, scholarships to Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi, the Early Act First Knight Educational Program, and club operations.
Not only that, but the event will be featuring hometown hero, Kathryn Childers.
Childers is a familiar face to many in the Coastal Bend. Not only did she work as an anchor for 3NEWS, but she was also one of the first five women to serve in the Secret Service.
Childers will be the keynote speaker at the event, so be sure to come and hear from this incredible woman.
The event will be taking place Wednesday, Apr. 27 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. You can purchase a ticket at southsideccrotary.org.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Turning trash into treasure: Meet the Island resident who's making works of art from what she finds on the beach
- Report: Gov. Abbott's enhanced border inspections cost Texas, U.S. billions
- Corpus Christi residents expected to see property tax increase
- Falfurrias Police Department warns community about a man posing as an officer
- Christus Spohn-Shoreline celebrates first day with zero COVID-19 patients
- 'After hours' Goodwill donations dumped in parking lot create challenges for neighboring business owner
- Rare sea slugs called blue dragons wash up near Bob Hall Pier
- Runoffs: Here are some things to keep in mind for upcoming elections in May
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.