CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The City of Corpus Christi announced in a press release that Pláticas Musicales, the popular Tejano music series will be returning to Ben F. McDonald library on Wednesday.
The concert series will take place on the last Wednesday of every month, and is free to all.
Local band Motif will perform Tejano and Motown dance tunes on Wednesday, Apr. 27, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., at 4404 Greenwood Drive.
Not only that, but the library will be hosting La Música del Sur de Tejas, a photo exhibit featuring people integral to the growth of Tejano music here in South Texas.
Among those included in the exhibit are Alberto Huerta and Ramiro Sanchez from Falfurrias, Los Unicos, a recording group from the Rio Grande Valley, Armando Pena, Jr., legendary radio broadcaster from Laredo, and a familiar face in our very own Barbi Leo, co-host of Domingo Live and morning news anchor.
The event will even be emceed by former Domingo Live host, Mike Chaves - another influencer among the photo collection.
The exhibit now includes nearly 70 inductees and is open during regular library hours, and is free to the public.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Brandon Portillo, man accused of causing crash that killed CCPD officer, found guilty
- Purple flag warning still in effect, venomous sea life poses threat to beachgoers
- Turning trash into treasure: Meet the Island resident who's making works of art from what she finds on the beach
- Report: Gov. Abbott's enhanced border inspections cost Texas, U.S. billions
- Corpus Christi residents expected to see property tax increase
- 'After hours' Goodwill donations dumped in parking lot create challenges for neighboring business owner
- Rare sea slugs called blue dragons wash up near Bob Hall Pier
- Runoffs: Here are some things to keep in mind for upcoming elections in May
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.