NUECES COUNTY, Texas — Us Texans know just how crazy our high school traditions can be. Chief among them are the extravagant decorative homecoming mums.
Now Rachel Ritualo of Tuloso Midway High School has gone viral on Tik Tok after posting a video of her classmates naming the price point of their mums.
With most mums ranging from 20 dollars to over 200. Some of the festive creations cost almost 500 dollars!
Tik Tok users were fascinated by the Texas tradition, most asking what mums even were. Regardless, Rachel shows off some of the best her school has to offer.
As of this morning the video has 2.6 million views, and over 3,240 likes.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Why it's more important than ever to get the flu shot this year
- COVID-19 vaccine safe for kids 5-11, Pfizer says
- Grab the family! CC Movie Nights at Whataburger Field is back
- San Patricio County teen kills family, sends pics on social media before suicide
- Baby girl born to widow of Marine killed in Kabul bombing
- Gov. Abbott designates Port Aransas as 'Music Friendly Community'
- Fort Hood honors its Hispanic Soldiers in letter for National Hispanic Heritage Month