AUSTIN, Texas — Guests are arriving any day now! If you are like me, some of your furniture may be a bit older. I'm going to show you how to impress your guests by updating a piece of furniture.
Rehabbing furniture is becoming more popular due to its low cost versus buying new. Its increasing popularity is also better for the environment!
Here is what you need:
- Paint of choice (made for furniture)
- Measuring tape
- New hardware
- Painter's tape
- Wood glue
- Clean furniture and remove current hardware. Take the sandpaper and lightly sand all around. Tape off parts of the furniture you don't want to be painted.
- Take the trim and cut it to the length of the furniture (or wherever you want to add it). Add wood glue, set the trim and keep it in place using painter's tape.
- While the glue is drying, start painting! Use the paintbrush for the creases and the paint roll for the smooth sides. Try to avoid painting the trim until it gets dry. With furniture, you will likely need at least one more coat. Be sure to wait until previous coats are fully dry.
- Once all the coats are done, add the hardware!
- Place furniture back in place and add in the glassware.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: