CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Art Museum of South Texas is pleased to announce that Kirby Conda has accepted the position of AMST’s Development Director starting November 2021.
Conda is no stranger to the museum. “Moving from marketing to development feels like a natural step for me.” says Conda, “My love and appreciation for the arts, and specifically this institution, runs deep.”
After working in AMST’s Marketing Coordinator position for the last two years, Conda has played a major role in managing the museum’s brand identity, maintaining social media presence and overlooking all duties therein, and organizing and executing print and digital advertising efforts throughout the community.
AMST began the search for a new Development Director when Sheri Emerick, former Development Director of 13 years, retired this past September.
“It is my honor to have been accepted to support AMST in its development efforts and I am very much looking forward to embarking on this exciting journey ahead,” the new Development Director shares with us.
Conda brings ten years of experience in strategic marketing, business development, and technical writing for small-to-medium sized businesses and non-profit organizations across the US and internationally.
She holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing from Howard University and has used her business background to provide marketing and consulting services to help create brands, define consumer audiences, and grow revenues.
Conda is also a Senior Writer for The Bend Magazine, where she has the opportunity to interview interesting people and create deep connections with humans and businesses that make the Coastal Bend such a special place.
Conda’s new position of Development Director will consist of maintaining and growing relationships with different foundations and donors, as well as forming new partnerships with organizations who support the arts and the mission of the Art Museum of South Texas.
Conda will act as the Development Director and the Marketing Coordinator and oversee both departments until a new Marketing Coordinator moves into the position.
Congratulations, Kirby! We are so thrilled to have you represent the museum in your new position!
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Corpus Christi Police Department apologizes after expletive voicemail left on resident's phone by officer
- Black Texas teen tased by students dressed as KKK members, lawyer says
- 'I'm sorry. I didn't mean to': Man charged with murder of Kingsville police officer makes first court appearance
- Adam Williams pleads guilty to the murders of James and Michelle Butler, will spend life in prison
- City of Corpus Christi offering homebuyer down payment and closing cost assistance up to $35,000
- Aransas Pass ISD student shot, killed by Corpus Christi police after school threat, hit-and-run crash
- Flounder fishing temporarily suspended as of Nov. 1
- NAACP urges free agent athletes to avoid signing with Texas teams
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.