CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Luis is a charming 12-year-old who likes playing and watching sports... and he desperately wants a loving family to share these joys with.
"He likes playing football, basketball and wants to join karate in the future and he likes to be very active," caseworker Jorge Vela said.
He is also a big movie fan, action movies in particular. With his new family, he would like to have a pet to play with and love.
Luis is very smart and does very well in school. He needs a family who can keep up with his energy and be there for him forever.
If you think you could be the forever family for Luis or for another Texas child, please contact the department at 1-800-233-3405, for more information about adoption or visit here where you can also find a schedule of online public information meetings, where you can learn more about the foster/adoption program.
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
- complete an application (staff will assist you if you prefer),
- share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
- provide relative and non-relative references,
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.