CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Charlie Herschbach, long-time logistics director of the Texas Jazz Festival has passed away. Charlie had dedicated over 20 years to the TJF.
In addition to his role behind the scenes, Charlie was best known as the voice of the festival, giving introduction to many of the program's biggest acts.
TJF President Nick Martinez confirmed Charlie's passing in a letter of condolence to family and friends. You can read his letter on the group's Facebook page.
Charlie was 62 years old. At this time, the cause of death has not been released.
From all of us at KIII, we'll miss you Charlie. Thank you for all you've done to bring music to our city.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Family begs for justice after father is killed in hit-and-run
- Corpus Christi firefighter turns self in to police after accusations of indecency with a child
- Health district split delayed, County Commissioners agree to 30 day extension
- Beeville resident brings the heat after competing on 'Forged in Fire' reality show
- Testing wastewater for COVID-19 can be an effective early detection tool, but Corpus Christi isn't doing it
- 'Extreme risk': Nueces County COVID-19 threat level at red
- Where to get a free COVID-19 test in Nueces County
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.