CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The City of Corpus Christi has closed the application portal for the Corpus Christi Emergency Rental Assistance Program to new applications.
The applications under review are expected to expend the remaining program funding. The City will continue to process the 1,160 applications that were submitted prior to the portal closing.
If a tenant’s application has been active in the last seven days but has not been submitted, the applicant will receive an email advising they have 14 days to complete and submit the application for consideration.
Applicants are encouraged to check the status of their application at www.cctexas.com/erap.Submitting an application does not guarantee that funds will be approved.
This does not impact Nueces County Emergency Rental Assistance Program applicants living outside of Corpus Christi.
Since July 1, 2021, 2,386 rental households have been assisted with $11.3 million for rent and utility assistance. Out of the $15.5 million available for rent and utility assistance, $11.3 million has been awarded to tenants.
Funding for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program is provided through the U.S. Department of the Treasury by the federal American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and the federal Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- PCR testing delays, why you might still be waiting to know
- Free COVID-19 tests from the government are arriving in mailboxes. Here's how they can help ease the strain on testing sites.
- Longtime Coastal Bend resident was made an honorary deputy
- Corpus Christi set to have own version of popular Monopoly board Game
- CCFD provides useful tips on heating appliances, staying safe during winter months
- Coyote rescued from Corpus Christi Ship Channel
- 'Extreme risk': Nueces County COVID-19 threat level at red
- Where to get a free COVID-19 test in Nueces County
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.