If you have a deep love and respect for all animals and would like to spend time helping some furry friends, the City's Animal Care Services is looking for you.
On Saturday, February 8, 2014, at 11:00 a.m., Animal Care Services (ACS) located at 2626 Holly Road is offering its first City-sponsored volunteer orientation. Participants will be given information regarding the opportunities for volunteering in different areas of the shelter including:
• Cleaning cages and kennels
• Social Media
• Cruelty Investigation (trained volunteers only)
• Outreach and community education
• Donation drives
• Providing food and water for the animals
• Washing food and water bowls
• Laundry, floor washing and general housekeeping
• Adoption counseling
• Answering the phone
• Socializing animals
• Grooming and bathing animals
• Other duties as assigned
ACS relies on volunteer support in almost every aspect of its operations from walking dogs to socializing cats, to fundraising and data entry. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old, unless accompanied by an adult, or a member of a youth educational or community service program, such as the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts or Explorers. For more information contact Animal Care Services at (361) 826-4630 or via email at email@example.com.