It was just this past Monday when an elderly woman had to be rescued from her burning home and today, family and friends stepped up to raise money to get her and her family back on their feet.
J.R. Sosa said, "I'm helping my friends and family with their burnt house. We're trying to rebuild it."
A hamburger benefit was held Saturday in the parking lot of Briones Metal Company in hopes of raising money to help the Morales family after they lost everything they had in a house fire.
The home which is located on the 2800 block of Lamar was fully engulfed in flames early Monday morning.
Neighbors, even nearby workers saw the fire and jumped into action to help save Ramona Morales who was inside asleep during the blaze.
Saturday, Ramona's daughter says she is recovering and is glad to be alive.
The family of five which was displaced says they are very thankful for everyone's support during this time.
They say, thanks to donations, they were given two hotel rooms to stay in until July 4th.